Looking For Staff
Paid Staff for Your Event?
Our sister company Peppermint Staffing provides a multitude of skilled staff, from Event Runners to Event Managers. We have over 10,000 active members of staff on our books. Contact us for more information on our training schemes, recruitment strategies, retention rates and internal promotion policies.
Unlike other companies, every member of Peppermint’s staff has a clear potential career progression path from part-time summer work to a full-time career.
Peppermint Bars & Events - Accredited BII Personal License Training Centre
Peppermint Bars and Events are now a fully recognised training centre by the BIIAB. We offer the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH).
BIIAB is the market-leading provider of the Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders, the qualification needed in England & Wales to obtain a Personal Licence for the retail sale of alcohol. What’s more, it’s been developed and rigorously piloted with experts from the industry to make sure it truly meets the needs of those who want to succeed.
The BIIAB APLH is awarded to those who pass an examination covering the syllabus as defined by the Home Office. The course covers licensing law as defined in the Licensing Act 2003 and in subsequent relevant legislation, and the social responsibilities of the personal licence holder.
A breakdown of what the course offers is as follows;
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol.
Whilst the majority of our core staff already hold Personal Licences – we have taken the stance to ensure it is a company standard that all managers, assistant managers and support staff are put through this training programme as a pro-active compliance measure of the 4 licensing objectives.
The course will be run at our head office in London and is available to both internal and external candidates. It’s available to those already working for Peppermint Bars and Events, other companies or individuals who simply want to enhance their skills and qualifications in this industry.
If you would like more information on the course please contact us for available course dates and prices.
Need volunteer staff for your event?
We have over 15,000 people registered with our sister company Festival Volunteer willing to work at events and festivals in exchange for entrance to the event, food and drinks. Volunteers can sign up for events with us – we handle all of the paperwork and we have a full-team of dedicated staffing co-ordinators both on the ground and office based to ensure all of the staff are looked after and the event runs smoothly.
Using volunteer staff can not only reduce your staffing bill by up 80% – but creates a great, fun working environment and community for the staff. Generally, we have found the volunteer staff to be extremely enthusiastic and motivated – essential, as they’re your “front line” to the customers. Contact us for more information on volunteer staff at your event.