Organisers of the Shakedown Festival, which is due to take place on Saturday July 9 2011 in Brighton’s Stanmer Park, today announce that the event has been moved to Saturday, September 17 2011. Following lengthy discussions with Brighton and Hove Council, both parties agreed that the event should move to a later date to allow more time to implement measures to ensure the safety of all attendees.
In the case of those who have already purchased tickets, there are two options: firstly, all tickets will be fully transferable to the new date (with no action needed on the part of purchasers) and secondly a full refund will be available from Wednesday 11 May. All tickets sales are suspended until 11 May.
Shakedown Director Matt Priest today said; “We would like to sincerely apologise to anyone disappointed by this postponement, but would like to assure everyone affected that it will ultimately lead to a far safer and more enjoyable event. We would also like to assure everyone that the festival is financially secure and all monies from ticket sales are protected. We are now working with our current line-up of artists to reschedule them to our new date of September 17. We will make a full line-up announcement on May 11, when we will also issue refund details for those ticket holders unable to attend on September 17. Moving the date is not ideal but we will work closely with the council to deliver a great event in September. Ticket sales have been excellent so far and we expect that to continue.”
A council spokesperson said; “We’re still working with Shakedown to help them to deliver a safe, well-managed event. But the council and emergency services felt they needed more time to do that, hence the new date.”
It is thought the later date will be a blessing in disguise as there will be more time to promote the event and less going on elsewhere in the UK. According to the organisers ticket sales have been excellent so far.
Brighton’s Shakedown happens on Saturday 17th September at Stanmer Park in Brighton.