Peppermint Bars and Events are happy to announce that they are now a fully recognised training centre by the BIIAB. The course Peppermint will be offering is the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH).
BIIAB is the market-leading provider of the Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders, the qualification needed in England & Wales to obtain a Personal Licence for the retail sale of alcohol. What’s more, it’s been developed and rigorously piloted with experts from the industry to make sure it truly meets the needs of those who want to succeed.
The BIIAB APLH is awarded to those who pass an examination covering the syllabus as defined by the Home Office. The course covers licensing law as defined in the Licensing Act 2003 and in subsequent relevant legislation, and the social responsibilities of the personal licence holder.
A breakdown of what the course offers is as follows;
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol.
Whilst the majority of Peppermints core staff already hold Personal Licences – Peppermint have taken the stance to ensure it is a company standard that all managers, assistant managers and support staff are put through the training programme in an effort to set themselves apart as an industry leader in this field.
The course will be run at Peppermint’s head office in London and is available to both internal and external candidates. It’s available to those already working for Peppermint Bars and Events, other companies or individuals who simply want to enhance their skills and qualifications in this industry.
If you would like more information on the course please contact us